To add websites to your home screen like apps, follow these steps:
4. In the list of options that appears, scroll down until you see Add to Home Screen. Tap this.
5. On the next screen, choose a name for the website shortcut on your home screen. You’ll see the link so you can confirm it, as well as the site’s favicon that becomes its “app” icon. Click Add when you’re done.
6. Now just tap the new app on your home screen, and it will open the website in its own navigation window, independent of what you have open in Safari.
2. Tap the menu button and tap Add to Home Screen. You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
3. The icon will appear on your home screen like any other app shortcut or widget, so you can drag it around and put it wherever you like.
4. Chrome for Android loads the website as a “web app” when you tap the icon, so it will get its own entry in the app switcher and won’t have any browser interface getting in the way.
5. Other popular Android browsers also offer this feature. For example, Firefox for Android can do this if you tap the menu button, tap the Page option, and tap Add to Home Screen.